Happy Mommies Day, Moms – here’s raising our glasses to the exceptional women you are – for all those sacrificial years, swapping out a warm cup of coffee for a dirty diaper change. You’re cool!
So I’ve put together a wishlist of ‘Mothers day must-haves’ for those that have the privilege of being spoilt this mothers day – remember: if all you get is breakfast in bed and you manage to finish a hot cup of coffee – that’s totally worth it. I’ll take that any day but let’s dive in shall we and see whats up for grabs.
‘Mother Day Must-Haves’
- STYLE REPUBLIC Shopper Bag from SPREE: R199 – this cute little bag has me hooked. It’s a perfect size – not too small and not too big. Its simple, chic and not too over the top. It matches well with any everyday outfit and occasion, from school runs to last-minute dinner shopping. Best of all, you have five colors to choose from and it’s totally affordable, you could even get two (or three)!
2. PLUM Babooshka Lace-Up Ankle Boots from SPREE: R599 – the perfect and stylish lace-up winter boot. Available in other colors as well.
3. Welcome to my Table by Siba Mtongana/At My Table by Nigella Lawson: R494.30 and The Great South African Cookbook: R453.95 from Woolworths – there’s nothing like a good cookbook that makes a mom’s tireless attempts at dinner a little bit easier.
4. Artscape Productions (for Cape Town residents): The Sound of Music/West Side Story – tickets range from R100-R500 – please visit the Computicket website for more accurate pricing and dates. Give mom the night off! This gift idea is definitely a win – mom gets to sit back with her feet up while enjoying a great live show.
5. Dinner at Cape Town Fish Market (they’re currently running a few specials) –
MUSSEL TRIO PROMOTION
Creamy Garlic Mussels 300g – R60 | 900g – R150.
Marinara Mussels 300g – R60 | 900g – R150.
Classic French Mussels 300g – R70 | 900g – R160.
Valid 7 days a week from 2 April to 13 May 2018.
6. Winter Fleece Gown from Woolworths: R503.37 – pairing this with a hot cup of tea, a blanket, the couch and a good movie will make any mom happy!
7. Lancome Poeme for Her 100ml EDP from TAKEALOT: R1450 – I recently sniffed this fragrance and wow, its a beauty. It will leave you smelling like a million bucks.
Top Notes: Blue Himalayan Poppy, Lychee Blossom
Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Mimosa, Jasmine
Base Notes: Vanilla, Desert Datura Flower
8. Fairview Wine and Cheese Farm | Goatshed Restuarant – my husband and I often visit this spot. Their cheese boards and selection of cured meats platters are just AMAZING! They have a number of platters that you can choose from to satisfy all your tastebud cravings. Here is the menu for a quick glance: Goatshed Restuarant Menu
9. Fossil Jacqueline Watch from Sterns: R2399 – this is a real spoil but if it’s within your budget then why not, Mom is worth it!
10. Bedding from Superbalist: White piped duvet set dove grey (Queen: R799/King: R899) or Urban duvet cover set (Queen: R449/King: R499) – there are few things better than climbing into a clean bed with a crisp new bedding set!
There you have it! The Ultimate Mothers Day Wishlist 🙂