I recently popped into a Clicks store, as I usually do, and had a browse at their makeup stands. I was pleasantly surprised when my eyes landed on the Wet n Wild Megaslicks Balm Stain as if I hadn’t noticed them before. So I quickly grabbed one and swatched one on my hand and the colour pay off was pretty impressive. It glided on my hand with ease and it wasn’t sticky at all. And again, I was really impressed with the colour pay off for a lip balm.
I’ve really been struggling with dry lips since the start of this cold weather in Cape Town and I’ve been using a lip treatment at night, but I found that even when I applied my lipstick in the morning, especially if it was a matte one, it left my lips dry and flaky. So I was looking for something that would provide my lips with moisture and at the same time give it a good colour. So when I stumbled on these, I was more than happy to give them a try. And they did not disappoint!
There are eleven colours in the range. The colour is not as rich and bold as a lipstick, but it’s not meant to be. The balms provide a sheer colour to the lips. Some colours are more intense than others.
So I popped two of the Wet n Wild Megaslicks Lip Balms into my trolley and after using them for 2 weeks this is what I’ve found.
- The formula is non-sticky, it settles on the lips nice and smoothly.
- It moisturizes the lips while providing a good color.
- The balms have a slight shine to them but once the shine wears off, they provide a slightly matte finish to your lips that stay on the lips throughout the day – hence the name, Balm Stain, they leave a slight stain on your lips throughout the day.
- It still doesn’t dry out your lips even once the balms wear off slightly.
- It’s the perfect dupe for Clinique Crayola Lip Colour Balms – R290-R300
- They retail for R57.95 – R61.99 (wowee)
- There are 11 colours to choose from!!
This is what they have to say about it:
This is the perfect stick for your pout! Now you can liven up your lips with one stick for a kissable pout in no time. To keep you pucker-perfect, these balm stains glide on smoothly while conditioning your lips. Enriched with acai and palm oil, this amazing formula forms a protective shield on the lips to prevent feathering.
These are the colours I picked up:
- Caffeine Fix – a nude brown colour
- Rico Mauve – this one has a slight pink’ish tint to it
To say I’m impressed with these Balm Stains is putting it mildly. This lip moisturising balm stain honestly provides good colour while moisturizing your lips at the same time AND they are super affordable. They also have quite a large shade selection which makes shopping even more fun!
I think I might pop over to Clicks and grab another two 😉
Thanks for reading lovelies!
*Please note that this review is NOT sponsored.